Welcome to the Official Website for Team Great Britain , the UK 's representatives in the International Ice Hockey Federation's annual In-Line Hockey World Championships.
WC 2014 Pardubice Czech Republic
Game 3 03/06/14
Czech Republic 6 : Great Britain 1
The game score line did not reflect the effort that GB put into the game, however it did reflect mistakes they made during the opening two periods.
Team GB were on the attack from the first drop of the puck, however with a turnover in the Czech defensive zone the Czechs came on the counter attack and with less than 15 seconds on the board the Czechs got their opening goal. The Czechs added another two goals in the first period and another two in the second before Phil Hamer scored GB's lone goal for the game, which was a shot from the side of the goal which was stopped by the netminder only to be deflected off a defenders skate into the back of the net, the Czech scored another goal in the second period to go into the half time break with the score 6:1.
In the second half of the game team GB changed netminders and put in Hallamshire Hornets Alex Birch between the pipes, the players in front of Alex did an outstanding job of controlling the Czechs ability to shoot on the GB net and limited them to a mere 8 shots on goal and the net result was only one additional goal against.
Man of the Match went deservedly to Alex Birch
Team GB's display in the second half of this game will give heart to the player's as the go onto their quarter final clash with the Finn's who are taking nothing for granted, as the Finns have never beaten GB in Inline hockey, the last time these two teams clashed back in 2012 the game was the best controlled game GB have ever played limiting the Finns offense during the game and GB took and put away any chances they were given.
-2013 Game Reports
-2012 Game Reports
-2011 Game Reports
- 2010 Game Reports
-2009 Game Reports
- 2009 Roster Announced
- Great Britain Head to Slovakia aiming for Promotion
- 2008 Roster Announced
- New Coach Appointed - Assistant Coach Crawley promoted
- New Coach Sought as GB Team Amends Structure
- 2007 Recap (Game Reports, Stats, Photos)
- Exciting New Look for Team GB
- Revision Hockey Continue to Support GB
- Junior Called up
- D-Line Strike Gold - New Sponsor Adds Support to GB Team
- New Sponsor Making Tracks - Promising new band back GB
- 2007 Roster Named - 15 Players Named to GB Team
- 2007 World Championship Groups Drawn
- 2007 IIHF In-Line World Championship Trials Announced